Please purchase your fair tickets in advance before purchasing train tickets!
Avoid long traffic lines and long walks!
Use our trains for convenient travel to the Common Ground Country Fair.
We have two stations with trains running on convenient schedules.
Our stations are only 10 to 15 minutes from the fair ground Commons!.
Our fairground platform is right off the commons near the administrative buildings.
We will sell train tickets as well as a limited number of fair tickets during the fair. These can be purchased at our boarding areas in Unity and Thorndike.
- Adult Train Only ($15) - Fair ticket or pass required! MOFGA members must have fair tickets!
- Child Train Only ($5) - No charge for fair but you need a child pass for the fair.
- Adult Train Weekend Pass ($30) - You can use the train for the entire weekend but fair tickets or pass are required! MOFGA members will need fair tickets.
Fair Tickets - available at our stations during the fair
- Adult Fair Ticket ($20)
- Elder Fair Ticket ($15) - Ages 65 plus
- Youth Fair Ticket ($15) - Ages 13 to 17
- Child Fair Pass (Free) - 12 and under
Trains run all day
Use the buttons below to purchase your advanced tickets now!
We recommend that you purchase your fair tickets first then purchase our train tickets.
Note: Discounts available for early online fair ticket purchases.
Purchase Your Fair Tickets Now!
Purchase Your Train Tickets Now!
The Brooks Preservation Society and the Belfast & Moosehead Lake Railroad welcome you to take our trains to/from the Common Ground Country Fair the 3rd weekend after Labor day in September. Our two train schedule offers convenient access from our Unity or Thorndike parking areas to our station right off the fairground commons and you avoid traffic congestion at the fair.
Your train or train-fair combo ticket is valid for any train for the day of purchase or use. This is more than a round trip ticket, this allows you travel back to your car if you forget something and get back to the fair.
Passengers can board trains 10 minutes before scheduled departure.
Trains must leave on schedule so please arrive at least 20 minutes before departure to park and purchase tickets!
- Our operation is not handicap accessible
- Seating is subject to space and availability at time of departure.
- All train riders who wish to disembark at our Common Ground Country Fair Station must have a Fair Admission ticket
- Valid tickets include fair tickets purchased in advance.
- MOFGA members need to purchase tickets.
The Railroad reserves the right to change train equipment and schedules without advance notice. The railroad cannot be responsible for unscheduled delays.